Where you provide us with your personal information, you agree that we may collect, store and use it based on our legitimate interests for processing (i.e. for internal administrative purposes, data analytics, and maintaining automated back-up systems or for the detection or prevention of crime).
If you provide us with personal information about someone else, you are responsible for ensuring that you comply with any obligation and consent obligations under applicable data protection laws in relation to such disclosure. In so far as required by applicable data protection laws, you must ensure that you have provided the required notices and have obtained the individual’s explicit consent to provide us with the information and that you explain to them how we collect, use, disclose and retain their personal information or direct them to read our Terms & Conditions.
If you are based within the EEA or within another jurisdiction having similar data protection laws, in certain circumstances you have the following rights:
- the right to be told how we use your information and obtain access to your information
- the right to have your information rectified or erased or place restrictions on processing your information
- the right to object to the processing of your information e.g. for direct marketing purposes or where the processing is based on our legitimate interests
- the right to have any information you provided to us on an automated basis returned to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, or sent directly to another company, where technically feasible (“data portability”)
- where the processing of your information is based on your consent, the right to withdraw that consent subject to legal or contractual restrictions
- the right to object to any decisions based on the automated processing of your personal data, including profiling
- the right to lodge a complaint with the supervisory authority responsible for data protection matters (e.g. in the UK, the Information Commissioner’s Office)
If you request a copy of your information you may be required to pay a statutory fee.
Data Retention and Deletion
If we hold any information about you that is incorrect or if there are any changes to your details, please let us know so that we can keep our records accurate and up to date.
If you withdraw your consent to the use of your personal information for purposes set out in our Terms & Conditions, we may not be able to provide you with access to all or parts of our website, applications, and services.
We will retain your personal information for the duration of our business relationship and afterwards for as long as is necessary and relevant for our legitimate business purposes, in accordance with applicable laws and regulations. Where we no longer need your personal information, we will dispose of it in a secure manner (without further notice to you).
To help you exercise the rights that data privacy laws give you and control your personal information you can do the following:
- See your data – You can ask to see any personal information that we hold (known as a “subject access request”). By emailing us at email@example.com with subject “see my data”, we will attend to your request. Please note if you request a copy of your information you may be required to pay a statutory fee.
- Transfer your data – By emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject “transfer your data”, you can ask us to provide your data to a third party.
- Delete your data – By emailing us at email@example.com you can ask us to delete the information we hold about you by using the subject “delete your data”. This request will be subject to any legal requirements for data retention.
- Change your data – If we do hold information about you, you can also ask us to correct any mistakes by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org with subject line “Change your data”.