Emerald’s Manufacturing Engineering group has expertise in body construction and vehicle assembly processes, specialising in low-volume, fast-to-market solutions at affordable investment levels.
The team delivers the following services to the overall project team:
- DFA (Design for Assembly) support to the Engineering teams
- High-level sequence of build
- Advanced process planning – part by part
- Process planning documentation (EAD or client format)
- Virtual builds and simulation of challenging build conditions
- Tooling and equipment specification
- Tooling and equipment supplier selection based on extensive knowledge of the supply chain
- Hours per car generation & reduction
- Facility & factory planning and layout development
- Advanced quality planning in partnership with the Dimensional Management group
- Product EOL testing strategy
- Product launch planning & support, including operator training
The Manufacturing Engineering team works with the design teams to ensure a smooth transition from concept to production in the shortest possible time.
The Emerald team can adapt unique production process solutions to match the specific requirements of highly demanding projects.
- Complete body construction and vehicle assembly process definition for the TX
- Delivery of complete manufacturing facility for TX
- Delivery of in-plant build of LCV prototypes
- Initial process for production integration of LCV into the TX facility
- Concept process to support facility planning for 35DV