Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: EDS ENGINEER
Reports to: Chief Engineer – Electrical Systems
Basis: Permanent or Contract (min 6 months)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: £40-55K or up to £310 per day, negotiable based on qualifications, skills and experience
Based: Essex (with possible UK and overseas travel)
- Design and development tasks relating to high and low voltage wiring and fusing systems, component packaging and electrical power distribution including the creation of specifications, drawings, reports and sign-off documentation.
- Support for the preparation and approval of component data sheets and schematics in conjunction with other function groups, our OEM partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Guidance to ensure that wiring and electrical hardware are correctly located and packaged in accordance with installation, environmental and EMC requirements.
- Participation in all system review, verification & validation activities.
- Fault identification and resolution including management of issues to closure.
- Tier 1 supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
- Demonstrable experience of electrical distribution system development - specifically circuit design, wiring/fusing systems and electrical packaging.
- Experience in design for good electrical and EMC performance.
- Knowledge of hybrid electrical vehicle architectures and wiring systems would be advantageous.
- Experience of visualisation using CATIA or lightweight file viewers would be useful.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc).
- Possession of an Electronics, Control Systems, Automotive or similar honours Engineering Degree (Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered).
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Chief Engineer.
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation.APPLY NOW DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION