Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Senior Engineer – Chassis Current Engineering
Basis: Permanent or Consultancy contract
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Dual Reporting to Chassis Chief Engineer, and Current Engineering Manager
Annual Salary: £45k to £60k, subject to negotiation and experience
Based: Ansty Site Coventry (with UK and overseas travel)
The current engineering role encompasses all aspects of continued chassis engineering support for projects once they have passed ESO.
This may take the form of supporting, leading and delivering as applicable chassis engineering activities in support of Manufacturing / Service issue resolution and deviations. In addition to line trials, project cost down, continuous improvement and lifecycle engineering changes / introductions.
Key aspects of undertakings may include but are not limited to:
- Responsible for chassis launch support and ongoing engineering activities
- Coordination of activities to ensure robust delivery of chassis components and systems.
- Resolution of launch and build issues directly where appropriate or through escalation to the chassis
- engineering team where applicable.
- To liaise with manufacturing and/or other engineering disciplines and deliver holistic resolutions to issues.
- Co-ordination of
- Change Management (Release)
- Issue management (TIMS)
- Rework Instructions for post build vehicle updates prior to use/sale where applicable.
- Component deviations prior to and during build.(Waivers)
- Reporting of status and issues throughout the business as applicable.
- To support and liaise with manufacturing, service and suppliers during project activities regardless of location.
- Support cross functional working with other disciplines to effectively used shared resources
- To ensure the timely delivery of chassis system design and engineering activities.
- Ensure that agreed deliverables are completed in a cost-effective and timely manner
- Undertake original mechanical design work and calculations for Chassis systems as applicable.
- Delivery of CAD packaging, concepts and detailing for the integration of chassis components to existing vehicle platforms as required.
- Provide schemes, final designs and release drawings aligned to project requirements.
The ideal candidate will:
- Ideally have a degree in an Engineering or Science related discipline
- Proven ability within an automotive engineering background, a number of years of experience of successfully delivering projects/current engineering in an OEM or Tier 1 capacity
- A high standard of automotive technical knowledge of chassis and vehicle systems including significant proven ability of one of the key areas from brakes, steering, suspension or subframe systems.
- Ability to plan and deliver projects within budget and within the scoped time
- Ability to develop teamwork, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Commercial awareness for preparation of project plans and supplier development
- Drive and commitment to deliver technically challenging projects
- Self-motivated and able to work without direct supervision
- Flexibility in managing varying work tasks in a broad ranging
- Able to be flexible on work location and prepared to travel within the UK and internationally on short assignments
- Enovia or Teamcentre trained an advantage