Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive and want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Manufacturing Engineer – Trim & Final Assembly (R368)
Start Date: TBA
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Rate: Circa £300 per day, subject to experience
Based: Coventry (with potential UK & overseas travel)
The ideal candidate will have experience of whole vehicle programs, simultaneous engineering working with design engineers at concept stage, able to influence the design activity through design reviews, PMST meetings and interpersonal skills.
Design validation ensuring manufacturing feasibility including tooling access & methodology of fit & finish including locator strategy will be required. The role will also include further detailing an established sequence of build of a new vehicle, integration of its assembly process with other new products on a new shared facility.
Presentation of outputs will require normal desktop PC skills, Excel, PowerPoint, Microsoft project etc. Knowledge of Catia V5 CAD systems and or JT file viewing would also assist.
• Attendance at all appropriate design reviews, PMST, Package & release meetings
• Continuous interrogation & validation of overall sequence of build
• Maintain assembly feasibility
• Give input/assistance to the Dimensional management team (locator strategy etc)
• Give input/assist at digital builds
• Identify tooling & fixture requirements
• Identify facilities requirements
• Assist in costing & investment budgets
• Assist in specifying, sourcing & installation of identified facilities
• Assist in factory layout & process flow development
• Full Production PCR/engineering release sign off
This role is to work as part of a small manufacturing project team and specifically within the Trim & Final group.
• Manufacturing timing plans and maintenance within the Project HLTP
• Maintaining and updating the Manufacturing documentation in line with Programme direction
• Reporting status, issues and issue resolution as required