Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Job Specification: Manager - Vehicle Costs
Basis: Permanent or Contract
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Head of Procurement - Programmes
Rate: £55-65K + car allowance + benefits, or up to £300 per day. subject to experience.
- Reporting to the Head of Procurement -Progarmmes.
- To work with the Functional Engineering teams to reduce the cost of current products
- Drive ‘Target cost’ strategy within Programs and ensure all changes /deviations are clearly documented.
- Aid and support Client based Procurement /Engineering functions and ensure regular transfer of data/information.
- Define best practices to instill consistent Cost Engineering working methods across the business
- Support Group Procurement with the procurement process and in particular Pre Qualification of potential suppliers
- Assist Programme Management team with the definition of future Target Cost strategy for NPI
- Engage with Program Management and Core teams to validate and implement Supply base target cost strategy for program and if it is a Client program to ensure their Engineering and Procurement teams are in agreement prior to submitting Procurement Plan
- Manage and Monitor performance against deliverables
- Capture, coordinate and report all target deviations to Stakeholders. Collate documentation to support resolution e.g. root cause analysis
- Maintain KPI’s and regularly share any key issues with stakeholders
- Define, review and update best practice processes, technologies and supplier landscape to ensure we have value added offerings for NPI applications. Upload all data to company SharePoint site
- Act as a single point of contact for all Procurement / cost information, issues, etc
- Liaise with Chief Engineers, Design and Procurement team to ensure parts/tooling etc. is delivered on time in full as specified by program MRD
- Maintain Tools, Processes and Procedures
- Achieve Targets in system deliverables
- Enhanced value of Cost Engineering in Design and Procurement
Skills and Experience:
- MS office literate including Excel, Word and PowerPoint
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in Technical Procurement and New Product Introduction environment, preferably Automotive
- Knowledge of PDM tools, in particular Enovia and Teamcenter
- Prototyping experience would be an advantage
- Flexible and willing to accept challenging and sometimes diverse activities to maintain project deliverables
- Preferably formal Engineering Qualification and knowledge as well as the capability to read CAD data