Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Senior Manufacturing Engineer - Body Assembly
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Annual Salary: Circa £300 per day, subject to experience
Based: Ansty, Coventry (with potential UK and overseas travel)
1 The Role:
- Technical responsibility for a proportion of the Body Assembly area.
- Support Product Design with manufacturing feasibility input.
- Responsible to deliver processes and equipment to achieve a quality product, both structurally and dimensionally.
- Ownership of the review, verification and validation activities including FMEAs and Control Plans throughout the project lifecycle.
- Concern management and problem resolution to closure all assigned issues.
- Actively lead supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Support and training of the Manufacturing and Service departments personnel.
2. The Person:
- Proven track record of delivery within an automotive or similar engineering environment.
- Knowledge of vehicle body assembly processes and joining methods is essential.
- Experience of delivery within an APQP or similar framework (FMEA, Control Plans, quality planning, PPAP etc.)
- Ability to lead and support prototype builds through the launch phase of the project.
- An Engineering Degree (Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered) would be an advantage.
- Ability to work proactively with minimal support using a logical approach in an environment with minimal documented processes.
- Flexible to support other team members in multiple programs as required.
- Intrinsically self-motivated with an ability to work to challenging time scales on multiple priorities.
- Clear and logical in both written and verbal communication
All employees must ensure compliance with the Company Health and Safety Policy, and all relevant other statutory Health and Safety legislation. This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Chief Engineer.APPLY NOW DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION