Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Powertrain Fuel Technical Specialist
Basis: Permanent preferred, contract possible
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Chief Engineer
- An Automotive Powertrain Fuel Technical Specialist is required to provide the concept definition and design of existing and new Fuel systems into new and existing vehicles.
- Concept layout of the Gasolene Fuel system, driveability, NVH and durability targets.
- Project management of the Fuel systems and suppliers from concept to production.
- System / component design to support simulation, prototype and production build.
- Catia V5 CAD creation with appropriate data management and release knowledge.
- Liaison with prototype manufacturers & external suppliers to ensure MRD is achieved.
- Generation of Product Design Specifications (PDS).
- Generation of Design Verification Plans (DVP).
- Engineering input for supplier nomination process.
- Assistance with definition of technology strategy for components.
- Generation of Design Failure Modes and Effects Analysis (FMEA) in conjunction with the nominated supplier.
- Component design, development and testing to optimise installation.
- Liaison with all relevant Function groups to ensure that component designs satisfy vehicle performance requirements.
- Checking of drawings for accuracy / appropriate tolerances to satisfy system technical targets.
3. Skills & Knowledge
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience of Gasolene Fuel systems.
- Catia V5 design expertise is required.
- Experience of integration and vehicle assessment is essential.
- Knowledge of relevant NVH & Fuel testing including analysis of results.
- Demonstrable delivery and supplier management skills.
- Detailed design experience with a proven delivery track record.
- Experience of various software packages- FEA, CFD.
- Ability to travel to various locations, Europe and China, to support design reviews
- Good PC and Microsoft Office skills.
- Good general knowledge of vehicle systems is preferred.
APPLY NOW DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION