Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Programme Sourcing Manager
Basis: Consultancy 6 months initial contract
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Programme Director
Rate: Negotiable, subject to experience
Based: UK or US (with regular travel between locations as required)
The Programme Sourcing Manager will be the focal point and accountable for all purchasing relating activity in relation to the vehicle programme, and will work in conjunction with Geely group purchasing representatives and site based category managers in order to ensure coherent and coordinated procurement support activity during the vehicle development programme
Role: Key duties/responsibilities of Programme Sourcing Manager:
- Accountable for the coordination of all supplier activity throughout the vehicle development programme from initial concept through to full rate production.
- Concept and Prototype development
- Responsible for planning, developing and buying materials, parts, supplies and equipment in a timely and cost effective way while maintaining appropriate quality standards and specifications. - Oversee the preparation of purchase requisitions, and purchase orders in accordance with negotiated terms and conditions and within programme budget requirements.
- Support the programme business case requirements with a specific focus on:-
- Managing supplier and external design services within the programme investment limits
- Manage tooling and facilities investment within programme requirements
- Facilitate early supplier engagement through effective supplier selection in conjunction with the category teams from target manufacturing facilities
- Ensure that development BOM’s remain within programme requirements by supporting Design to COST and cost optimisation activity
- Transition to Full Rate Production –
- Work in conjunction with the site based category teams in order to ensure that new vehicle programmes supply strategies are in-line with site requirements for supplier management and cost optimisation
- Ensure that supply chains are designed to support full rate production requirements
- Manage investments for production facilities where required
- Ensure that production BOM’s meet business case targets
- Where applicable, develop a plan for post SOP cost optimisation
- Manage the supplier raw materials pipeline of inventory in order to ensure that working capital is effectively managed prior to hand-over to site procurement teams
- Maintain procurement information and contract files specific to the vehicle programme.
- Ensure supplier compliance with site and company requirements for Health and Safety.
Core Skills and Knowledge
- Fully understands the role of the Programme Sourcing Manager, category management and the inter-relationship between the roles
- Has excellent data gathering and management skills
- Has a strong understanding of stakeholder management
- Has demonstrable experience of market analysis trends, competition, political, economic social & technical factors
- Has experience of specification management, working with operational teams and suppliers
- Has demonstrable experience of ongoing supplier and contract management
- Has experience of negotiations with suppliers and stakeholders
- Has experience of the US automotive market
- Has experience of plastics, metals, chassis components and tooling
- Shows effective verbal, written & presentation communication skills
- Demonstrates a drive for excellence in all aspects of the role
- Shows effective planning and risk analysis skills
- Possesses and can demonstrate good commercial intuition
- Possess good Problem solving and decision making skills
- Demonstrates an awareness of cultural differences
- Demonstrates a structured approach to project and programme management using milestones and Key Process Indicators
- Demonstrates effective team leadership and management skills
- Fully understands internal and external customer needs and expectations and shows a focus on meeting them
- Possess the ability to work under high pressure situations
Education and Experience
Graduate calibre, preferably with an engineering degree, supplemented by a business degree e.g. MBA. Candidates should have significant experience in senior commercial / purchasing roles within multi-site, multi-region, multi-cultural, manufacturing based organisations
Candidates should show a commitment to continuous personal and professional development.
Candidates should hold a valid passport with at least one year of remaining validity and have no restrictions on global travel.
APPLY NOW DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION