Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Senior Project Engineer – HVAC/Climate Control Systems
Basis: Permanent or consultancy
Salary: £45k+ benefits or £310 per day, negotiable based on qualifications, skills and experience
Reports to: Chief Engineer – Electrical, negotiable based on qualifications, skills and experience
Based: Essex (with some UK and overseas travel)
- Responsibility for HVAC systems for a range of hybrid electric vehicles. This includes system hardware, functionality and performance.
- Support and management of our partner OEMs and Tier 1 suppliers for donor technology, new/modified designs, essential function, HMI and calibration development.
- Cross-function leadership between Electrical, Powertrain and Interior Function Groups in order to ensure an integrated, efficient and effective HVAC system.
- Ensure parts are correctly packaged into the vehicle in conjunction with Vehicle Integration and CAD Design team.
- Lead and co-ordinate HVAC system review, verification & validation activities including objective and attribute assessment throughout the development lifecycle.
- Release responsible for HVAC parts on the Electrical BOM. Ensure that HVAC parts are correctly structured on the BOM and strive to achieve cost targets, weight targets and delivery timing to support vehicle build phases.
- Issue management support, from problem identification through to introduction of final countermeasure using company issue management system.
- Supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of information, support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments.
- Preparation of reports and feedback to the technical and project management teams.
- Demonstrable experience (7+ years) of Automotive HVAC/Climate Control design and/or development at systems or vehicle level. Experience of hybrid vehicle systems HVAC would be advantageous.
- Demonstrable experience of HVAC system specification generation, functional definition, calibration and assessment are essential.
- Experience of engineering and business release processes within the automotive sector.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.).
- Practical experience of using CAD packages (CATIA) or visualisation applications.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills - at ease coordinating a team of engineers and suppliers.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and methodical individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure.
- Electrical, Electronic Systems, Electro-mechanical, Automotive or similar honours engineering degree. Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
- Full driving licence essential.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Chief Engineer.APPLY NOW DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION