Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: CATIA Design Engineer – Electrical Systems
Basis: Permanent or consultancy (rolling contract)
Salary: £40-60k+ benefits or £310 per day, negotiable based on qualifications, skills and experience
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Chief Engineer Electrical Systems
Based: Basildon, Essex (with visits to the Midlands and suppliers).
- Design and packaging of electrical system components and wiring within a CATIA V5 environment.
- Deliver system designs to meet the requirements of technical specifications in accordance with Emerald and Tier 1 design guidelines and standards.
- Packaging of control units, sensors, actuators and other electrical peripherals relating the following systems (or similar);
- Electrical propulsion system parts – HV battery pack, IEM, DC-DC and charge points.
- Harnessing – Low and high voltage wiring systems. Signal, high current and ground cabling.
- Body and door control
- Infotainment system including sound amplifier, speaker system and antennae
- Active safety systems – Airbag control, blind spot monitoring, autonomous braking, parking distance control
- Interior controls
- Security systems
- Bracket, grommet and fixing scheme designs
- Design fault identification and resolution including management of build or design concerns to closure.
- Develop concepts and mature final designs to achieve cost, weight and complexity targets, with confirmation through CATIA analysis.
- Demonstrable experience (7-10 years) in a CATIA V5 environment. Applicants may be required to undertake a company CAD test.
- Experience using the CATIA Electrical Workbench.
- Ability to apply GD&T in order to deliver efficient design solutions which meet the system requirements in accordance with company guidelines.
- Possession of a product design, engineering or similar engineering degree.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills - at ease working with a cross-functional team of engineers and suppliers.