Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Validation Engineer - Body Interiors
Basis: Full time permanent contract (Grade 6E) or consultancy
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Chief Engineer
Rate: Salary £30-50K plus benefits, subject to negotiation dependant on experience
Based: Coventry (with possible weekly visits to the Essex and some overseas travel)
The role involves the management and control of all Body Interior related testing and validation from virtual testing through to Product Validation at launch. The role will also include the writing and development of Emerald Automotive’s test specifications and supporting the continuous improvement of the department.
The succesfull candidate will have responsibility for:
- Ensuring that all new products complete Design Validation at the relevant time within programme milestones/Gateways.
- Definition and agreement of the Technical content of Test Programmes.
- Managing the Interior team test plan and supporting budget submission and allocation.
- Ensuring the development of cost effective test validation solutions.
- Working with the Product Engineering team to ensure that appropriate validation is specified to support the specified design requirements.
- Supporting Forward Quality Management process within the interiors team.
- Creating, developing and maintaining Engineering specifications and test requirements that support robust and appropriate design and engineering solutions.
- Working with CAE suppliers to deliver the project requirements inline with program milestones.
The candidate will be responsible for delivering:
- Validation plan and associated budget to support program needs, and delivering test plan to meet program timing.
- New and updated design specifications
- New and updated validation requirements and test specifications
- New and improved CAE methods/methodology to deliver more right first time designs
Skills & Experience
The candidate should have a degree in a relevant Engineering discipline and must have;
- At least 5 years experience in validation and test plan management in an OEM or Tier 1 organisation in Interiors.
- An Engineering Degree (Other recognised engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered)
- A highly developed level of experience in data acquisition, processing and analysis.
- A proven track record in strategic planning in the test development environment.
- A proven track record of problem resolution
- Experience in CAE results interpretation and understanding of different FEA methods
- Advanced project management and communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
The candidate should be:
- Highly self motivated
- An independent worker
- Driven to achieve all aspects of work to a high standard
- Able to bring the best out in others
- Able to work to challenging time scales on multiple priorities
- Clear and logical in both written and verbal communication