Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Technical Administrator - CAD
Basis: Full time permanent
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: IT Director
Annual Salary: £40-50K, subject to negotiation and experience
Based: Ansty Site Coventry (with UK and overseas travel)
- Reporting to the IT Director within the IT team.
- Support IT team with the maintenance of CAD environment.
- Assist Principal CAD Engineer with end user support
- Ensure CAD clients are kept up-to-date. e.g. Java version, Windows updates, system environment files etc.
- Standardise Catia environment across all CAD clients e.g. Hotfix installations, updates to CAT Settings files etc.
- Administer FTP server and CAD translation processes.
- Support IT Director with testing and implementation of Enovia system updates.
- Provide at-elbow, level 1 support to Catia users.
- Raise support calls with level 2 support providers. Track calls to completion.
- Define best practices to instill consistent CAD/PDM working methods across the business.
- Support IT director with the procurement and build of new hardware.
- Assist Programme Management team with the definition of future PDM/PLM strategy. Install and test new tools in pre-production environment.
- Install, validate and implement system updates to CAD clients. Ensure all clients have the latest software, hardware and security patches installed.
- Monitor system performance. Monitor crash logs, server utilisation to minimise any system outages. Report reoccurring failures to IT Director.
- Capture, coordinate and track software and hardware errors. Collate documentation to support resolution e.g. root cause analysis, recreation steps, log files, screenshots etc. Work closely with level 2 support to resolve issues in a timely fashion.
- Maintain technical issues log and share key issues with lead users.
- Define, review and update best practice documentation. Upload all documents to company SharePoint site.
- Act as a single point of contact for all Catia system issues. Assist Principal CAD Engineer with end user support.
- Manage all new hardware and software requests. Liaise with IT director and procurement team to ensure hardware is delivered and configured on time.
- Maintained Processes and Procedures
- Metrics and status reports
- Level 1 support service to CAD users
- MS office literate including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience administering CAD environments, ideally Catia V5
- Proficient Catia V5 user.
- Knowledge of PDM tools, in particular Enovia and Teamcenter.
- Automotive experience would be an advantage.
- Flexible and willing to accept challenging and sometimes diverse activities to maintain project deliverables
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Chief Engineer.APPLY NOW DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION