Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Senior Project Engineer – Software and Controls
Basis: Permanent or consultancy (rolling contract)
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Principal Engineer - Software and Chassis Electronics
Rate: £40-55K Negotiable based upon qualifications, skills and experience
Based: Ansty, Coventry (with travel to other company sites, suppliers and OEM partners.)
- To lead the software management process in collaboration with the node owners, our OEM partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Ownership of change orders, test orders, CRB, release, distribution and maintenance processes.
- Software scheduling, feature and maturity planning throughout the vehicle development lifecycle.
- Software status tracking, analysis and reporting, including software limitations and DTC exclusion lists.
- Preparation and distribution of software release packs for each software release.
- Provision of software related infrastructure/process content for Manufacturing and Product Management (SW BOMs etc).
- Provision of formal software releases to Manufacturing and After-sales departments for their diagnostic toolchains.
- Preparation of reports and feedback for the technical and project management teams.
- Demonstrable experience (5+ years) of automotive electrical systems development with a significant software development or software management element.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills - at ease coordinating a team of engineers and suppliers
- Flexible, enthusiastic and methodical individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressur
- Practical experience of vehicle electrical architectures based upon CAN and FlexRay would be useful.
- Use of CAN and diagnostic software tools. Training will be provided.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.)
- Electrical, Software, Electronic Systems, Automotive or similar honours Engineering Degree (2.1 or higher preferred). Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
- Full driving licence essential
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Chief Engineer.APPLY NOW DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION