Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: PLM Application Engineer
Basis: Consultancy contract
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: PLM Systems Manager
Annual Salary: £300 -320 per day, subject to negotiation and experience
Based: Ansty Site Coventry (with UK and overseas travel)
- Reporting to the PLM Systems Manager within the Programme Management team.
- Supporting the implementation of Geely One TC Global solution at EAD.
- Working closely with the Global PLM team (based in China and Sweden) to help transition local UK business teams to a centrally managed PLM system.
- Focusing on applications that support core R&D functions e.g. CAD, BOM, Visualisation and Change Management, will be required to become proficient in their usage and develop in-depth knowledge of the supporting processes.
- Acting as the Subject Matter Expert (SME), will advise Operation Managers and Lead Engineers on best practices.
- Develop an appreciation of the local Manufacturing systems (MES,ERP etc) to support the seamless flow of data from R&D into Production.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of vehicle delivery frameworks such as New Programme Introduction (NPI) and New Programme Delivery System (NPDS) and provide process guidance wherever possible.
- Act as level 1 support for end users.
- Escalate issues to level 2 support teams in China and Sweden. Manage issues to closure.
- Provide at-elbow guidance to end users during key project phases such as introduction of new technologies, start of new vehicle programmes etc.
- Help PLM Systems Manager to define the systems roadmap to further mature the PLM culture at EAD e.g. Smart Manufacturing, System and Requirements Management etc.
- Bring PLM experience to the team. Be able to advise on industry best practise, particularly around the usage of core tools such as Teamcenter, Teamcenter Visualisation and CATIA V5.
- Conduct process analysis to identify gaps between global and local processes.
- Create new and modify existing working practices. Ensure that local processes adhere to group engineering standards.
- Manage the introduction of new global engineering standards into EAD.
- Support Global PLM team with system upgrades. Perform local UAT testing.
- Create and maintain New User Induction Programme specific to PLM systems.
- Provide end user training for all product creation tools. This may include classroom, one to one, and specialist role training.
- Maintain PLM sharepoint site to ensure reference material is up-to-date.
- Coordinate a Key User Steering Group to ensure all end user issues are captured and addressed.
- Install and upgrade client machines as required.
- Good knowledge of PLM principles and applications including Teamcenter, Enovia and Catia.
- Teamcenter Bias. Any knowledge of working with BMIDE to configure TC is an advantage but not essential.
- Proficient with laptops and workstations at an operating level. Good working knowledge of MS Windows applications is desirable.
- MS Office literate including Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Automotive experience would be an advantage.
- Knowledge of NPDS (Ford, Volvo, JLR) process is an advantage.
- Flexible with travel. May be expected to travel to Sweden and China.
- Good communicator. Will be expected to work with colleagues where english is not their first language.
- Flexible and willing to accept challenging and sometimes diverse activities to maintain project deliverables.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Chief Engineer.APPLY NOW DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION