Emerald Automotive Design Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Zhejiang Geely Holding Group (Geely), specialise in the design, development and production of light-weight, low emission and long range advanced hybrid commercial vehicles. Headquartered in Coventry, with facilities in Essex, USA, Sweden and China, Emerald is expanding to undertake several whole vehicle design & development programmes. If you have the enthusiasm and drive to want to be part of the introduction of this new technology and have the necessary skills, we would love to hear from you.
Role: Project Engineer – Hybrid Systems
Basis: Permanent or consultancy (rolling contract)
Start Date: ASAP
Reports to: Chief Engineer – Electrical Systems
Rate: £40-55K Negotiable based upon qualifications, skills and experience
Based: Basildon, Essex (with UK and overseas travel)
- To support system release activities of the electric drive system for a hybrid electric vehicle in collaboration with our OEM partners and Tier 1 suppliers.
- Systems integration. Ensure parts are correctly packaged into the vehicle in conjunction with Vehicle Integration and CAD Design team. Ensure that the wiring and cooling requirements are fulfilled.
- Participation in, and co-ordination of system review, verification & validation activities including FMEAs, EMC, functional safety and legislative activities throughout the development lifecycle.
- Ensure that all electric drive parts are correctly structured on the BOM and strive to achieve weight targets and delivery timing to support prototype build and updates.
- Supplier management and co-ordination including support for Procurement, Logistics and Quality throughout the project lifecycle.
- Provision of information, support and training to Manufacturing and Service departments. Preparation of reports and feedback to the technical and project management teams.
- Demonstrable experience (3-5 years) of hybrid electric vehicle design/development including energy storage systems, power converters, wiring routing and connectivity strategies and electric powertrain.
- Experience of engineering and business release processes within the automotive or aerospace sectors.
- Experience of system/component delivery within an APQP, six sigma or similar framework (FMEA, quality planning, PPAP etc.).
- Practical experience of using CAD packages (CATIA) or visualisation applications would be useful.
- Practical experience of vehicle electrical architectures and wiring system applications would be useful.
- Excellent communication and co-ordination skills - at ease coordinating a team of engineers and suppliers.
- Flexible, enthusiastic and methodical individual who is self-motivated, able to work well under own initiative and remain focused under pressure.
- Electrical, Electronic Systems, Automotive or similar honours Engineering Degree. Other recognized engineering qualifications combined with relevant significant experience may be considered.
- No visa or other restrictions for working in the UK or travelling in the European Union.
- Full driving licence essential.
This job description may not detail some less major duties, nor cover duties of a similar nature commensurate with the role which may be reasonably required by the Chief Engineer.APPLY NOW DOWNLOAD JOB DESCRIPTION